Sunday, August 25, 2013

Some weeks seem longer than others...

You can usually guess how busy my week has been by surveying the contents in my jeep.  Of course, as a music teacher, I usually have various instruments in my jeep, but that's not really what I mean.  I started loading up my jeep Friday afternoon to go camping, and realized how busy I have been.  I had 4 different pair of shoes in my jeep: cowboy boots, flip flops, dress sandals, and ball cleats.  My running shoes would have been in there too, but I took them out to go running Thursday  night.

The past three weeks have been very, very busy, but they usually are.  I sometimes wonder what I would be doing if I wasn't a teacher.  If I had a "regular job," I know I wouldn't be as busy, but I feel like I'd just fill my time with something else.  Yes, a "regular job" would probably be a whole lot less stressful, but I guess I like living on the edge, even if it means going full throttle for 15 to 16 hours a day...just makes my "free time" more valuable to me!

I was so busy I started this post Friday afternoon, while waiting for a load of laundry to finish, and am now coming back to it on Sunday afternoon.  But it's definitely been a great weekend for the most part.

I woke up this morning with a headache, and sadly missed church and went back to bed.  Sometimes I think our bodies have a way of telling us "enough is enough." A few days this past week I was barely able to drag myself to bed when I was finished with everything I needed to do, and one night I just crashed on the couch and was awaken by the weather man on the tv I had left on.

But oh, how I had forgotten how much I loved camping!  I have some dear friends that let me go camping with them, and this weekend was the second time I have gotten to go this year.  This summer was busier than ever, and I guess some of that stress has compounded into the school year also, so this weekend was much needed.

There's just something about sitting around the campfire, playing ukulele, surrounded by friends, and sharing stories, while teaching the younger ones about life that brings me to a "stress-free" state.  Also, we spent most of Saturday on the lake riding seadoos, diving off natural diving boards in rock outcroppings, swinging from rope swings, swimming, floating, and falling into a slower pace of life.  This is why I am still doing what I do.  This is why I love where I am right now in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment