How many mosquito bites can you endure before you need a transfusion?
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Monday afternoon English class, but I seriously dislike English!
This whole ‘community’ thing is harder than it looks. How can it be so good and so uncomfortable at the same time?
Growing pains don’t stop just because you’re ‘grown’.
Even the easy stuff can be complicated!
Even the easy stuff can be complicated!
Haitians will scatter and duck for cover with the first drop of rain, but they don’t even flinch for gunshots
An October bonfire in Haiti just makes you sweat even more than normal.
I’m learning more Creole by teaching English than I am as a student in our Creole class.
Sharing is HARD and usually painful!
Crazy, unbelievable things can quickly become normal every day life.
How do you go back to ‘normal’ without losing everything you've gained?
I told a 2nd grader that reading was better than pizza because pizza satisfies a temporary desire but reading can satisfy for a lifetime. The shocked ‘no way, you’re crazy’ look on her face was priceless!
He may not always give me who I want in my life, but He ALWAYS gives me who I NEED in my life.
I’m a LOT more comfortable serving than being served (I already knew this but for some crazy reason, several here are determined to change this)
It’s all fun and games until they want something, then it will never be the same.
Some days you just need to know that someone somewhere will miss you when you’re gone.
Which is easier to teach: how to be a leader or how to be a servant? Which is easier to learn?
I don’t even notice the cold showers anymore, but it’s still strange hearing the kids call me ‘Miss’.
Love always leaves a trail.
Even if you don’t expect anything, you can still be disappointed.
Some things just need more time to process.
Can you quit without being a quitter?
I don't know if it's the medical background or what, but I see things that others around me don't even notice.... several cases of elephantiasis, LOTS of malnutrition, tumors, parasites, etc.
If you followed me for a day, would you be able to tell who I am following?
An October bonfire in Haiti just makes you sweat even more than normal.
I’m learning more Creole by teaching English than I am as a student in our Creole class.
Sharing is HARD and usually painful!
Crazy, unbelievable things can quickly become normal every day life.
How do you go back to ‘normal’ without losing everything you've gained?
I told a 2nd grader that reading was better than pizza because pizza satisfies a temporary desire but reading can satisfy for a lifetime. The shocked ‘no way, you’re crazy’ look on her face was priceless!
He may not always give me who I want in my life, but He ALWAYS gives me who I NEED in my life.
I’m a LOT more comfortable serving than being served (I already knew this but for some crazy reason, several here are determined to change this)
It’s all fun and games until they want something, then it will never be the same.
Some days you just need to know that someone somewhere will miss you when you’re gone.
Which is easier to teach: how to be a leader or how to be a servant? Which is easier to learn?
I don’t even notice the cold showers anymore, but it’s still strange hearing the kids call me ‘Miss’.
Love always leaves a trail.
Even if you don’t expect anything, you can still be disappointed.
Some things just need more time to process.
Can you quit without being a quitter?
I don't know if it's the medical background or what, but I see things that others around me don't even notice.... several cases of elephantiasis, LOTS of malnutrition, tumors, parasites, etc.
If you followed me for a day, would you be able to tell who I am following?
No comments:
Post a Comment