It's been so long since I posted, I don't know where to start.
Lots of things have been going on, life is crazy busy, and I just haven't had time to slow down, sit down, and collect my thoughts...so here the ramblings go.
I guess the newest thing in the life of the Crazy Music Lady is "Tuesdays at 7." I'm finally playing in a band! Who knew I would be playing bass, after playing guitar for over half my life, but here we are! We had our first gig a little over a week ago, and hopefully will be playing more soon. It just feels good to be making music again, and be hanging out with other musicians!
As we all know, singing will always be my first love, and the thing that I feel is most sacred to me, but lately it's been the thing I've missed the most. Tonight was a singing service at church, and I had forgotten just how much I loved it when four part harmony locks in and is tight...I've missed that! I guess I've been spoiled in that department, and blessed in the past with attending churches that had great song leaders, who actually directed when they led, and pitched songs correctly. Some days I wished I hadn't been spoiled so much, then other days I know I wouldn't have loved singing as much if singing hymns wasn't so much fun, and harmonious! I also know my ability to harmonize would be quite lacking if I hadn't had the foundations that I lived through...thankful for that!
In other news...it's amazing how I can instantly be in tears when ever someone talks about missing Becky. I went to her church to pick up some bibles she ordered, and when her friend Wendy said she missed Becky, I barely let out the words "me too" without bawling. We talk many days through Facebook chat, but it just isn't the same...as I've said before, Haiti is just too "3rd world" for me to be happy about her being there....
In school news, crunch time is here. Fall carnival, talent show, 3 school programs for Veterans Day, and a breakfast honoring Veterans all in about a 3 week time span., then Christmas programs and parade a few weeks after that! I will be looking for every bit of sanity for the rest of the semester!
I randomly came across a quote tonight that put me in the mood to write. "The world is not ready for some people when they show up, but that shouldn't stop anyone." I need to remember this more often...it might get me through some of the frustrations I deal with around here...and I need to always remember I do what I do for the kids...to inspire...and show them there is always more than one way to do things...and I just really wish others understood that!
No comments:
Post a Comment