Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Sundays are, by far, the hardest days. I was blessed with such an incredible church family back home, and I knew it would be hard to leave that behind. I've only been in Haiti 5 weeks so I'm still bouncing around visiting churches, looking for a 'home'. Sunday I had the opportunity to go to a church in Cite Soleil which is the poorest slum in Haiti. The church is a humble concrete structure set between tin shacks and a trash filled sewer ditch. Pigs were swimming in the contaminated black water. Kids were wandering the streets. Neighbors were visiting in front of their pieced together homes. And somehow in the middle of all the messy, hard reality of Haiti, I once again felt completely at home among the poor and broken. This is the Haiti that stole my heart 3 years ago and this is the Haiti that I love.








this little guy grabbed my hand and didn't let go
he sat in my lap during church and held on tight
(then he found my camera and pushed all the buttons, changing settings that I'm still trying to fix) 




this group giggled and made faces across the isle 


I'm looking forward to hanging out with these kids again soon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment